Visit my main blog - Sarah Reads Too Much for current information!

Monday, January 4, 2016

The Official 2015 TBR Pile Reading Challenge

The Official 2015 TBR Pile Challenge   (11/14*)
hosted by RoofBeamReader.com

I sign up for this challenge every year, and fail at it nearly every year.  But enough progress is made, and Adam is such an awesome host - that I keep coming back.  I've made this year's list of 12 books (plus 2 alternates) that I pledge (hope) to read this year.  All have been sitting on my TBR shelf for at least a year - I brushed off enough actual dust to prove it.  Also, some are repeats from previous attempts at this challenge.  My list:

1.  And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
2.  As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner
3.  Sunrise Over Fallujah by Walter Dean Myers
4.  The Art of War by Sun Tzu
5.  Junky by William S. Burroughs
6.  Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
7.  Glass by Ellen Hopkins
8.  Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
9.  In Our Time by Ernest Hemingway
10.  The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
11.  The Bridge of San Luis Rey by Thornton Wilder
12.  Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Alternates:
A.  A Visit From the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
B.  The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz

No comments:

Post a Comment