Visit my main blog - Sarah Reads Too Much for current information!

Monday, January 4, 2016

Back to the Classics 2015

Back to the Classics Challenge 2015  (8/12)
hosted by Books and Chocolate

I started this challenge a few years ago, and this will be the second year that Books and Chocolate have taken it over.  I am so thrilled that this challenge lives on, and I love the changes Karen has made.  Even though I failed by 1 book in 2014, I am going to keep at it!  After all, I do need to get to work on my Classics Club List! This year there are 12 categories, and you try to finish as many as you can to win entries into a drawing.  All books must have been originally published before 1965.

The Categories:

1.  19th Century Classic:  The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
2.  20th Century Classic:  As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner
3.  Classic by a Woman Author: And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
4.  Classic in Translation:  The Art of War by Sun Tzu
5.  A Very Long Classic Novel (500 pages or more):
6.  A Classic Novella (less than 250 pages):  Bonjour Tristesse
7.  A Classic with a Person's Name in the Title:  Emma by Jane Austen
8.  A Humorous or Satirical Classic:  
9.  A Forgotten Classic:  The Bridge of San Luis Rey by Thornton Wilder
10.  A Nonfiction Classic:
11.  A Classic Children's Book:  The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
12.  A Classic Play:

No comments:

Post a Comment