Visit my main blog - Sarah Reads Too Much for current information!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Back to the Classics 2011

Get Ready for the "Back to the Classics Challenge 2011" hosted by Sarah Reads Too Much (hey, that's me!)  I am constructing this challenge to encourage myself to read more Classic Literature...  you know, all those books that we want to read "someday".  Well, the time is now.  I hope you will join me!

This challenge is open to anyone who would like to participate.  You can join in at any point.  If you do not have a blog of your own, please feel free to update using the Comments section of this post.  I will start a separate page on this blog to track my own progress, and you can feel free to comment there as well.  This is intended to be a stress-free challenge, and therefore I am giving a 6 month time frame for completion.  The Challenge will be open from January - DECEMBER 2011.  You can list you book choices before the challenge starts, or as you go along....  whatever works best for you. 


The goals to complete:   

The titles I plan to read will be listed in red.
Completed titles will be listed in blue, with links to the review.  


  1. A Banned Book    The Bluest Eye
  2. A Book with a Wartime Setting (can be any war)   For Whom The Bell Tolls
  3. A Pulitzer Prize (Fiction) Winner or Runner Up:  The Age of Innocence
  4. A Children's/Young Adult Classic  A Separate Peace
  5. 19th Century Classic  The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
  6. 20th Century Classic   Lolita
  7. A Book you think should be considered a 21st Century Classic  The Blind Assassin
  8. Re-Read a book from your High School/College Classes  Romeo & Juliet

No comments:

Post a Comment